[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ac3enc: how do I force ac3 encoder tooutput frames with the same size?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Dec 25 16:34:17 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 03:30:05PM +0100, Piotr Bandurski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > (RealPlayer plays "silence")
>
> This is because "coded_frame_size" is calculated as 285 with your patch while it should be 280.
>
> -ac 1 -ar 11025 -ab 16384
>
> When I set codec_frame_size to 280 then RealPlayer plays the output file correctly.

if you want 280 then you need 16078.125 bits per second

you could try
16078
16079
18375
as bitrates

maybe the results of these tests would give hints at where the problem
is

If a bugfix only changes things apparently unrelated to the bug with no
further explanation, that is a good sign that the bugfix is wrong.