[FFmpeg-devel] MPlayer subtitles demuxer

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 18:32:57 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:57:38AM +0000, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 12/28/12, Clement Boesch <ubitux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here we go, another one. To be applied on top of the two previous (MPL2 and
> > VPlayer).
> >
> > I'll try to do a few others (something like 3) and then will stop.
> >

> Why stop?

I guess I've added the most "important" ones. AFAICT the only missing now
is subviewer v1 (which is like subviewer but even more broken). I'm not
sure it's worth working on it, but I guess I'll do it anyway.

From what I can tell, all the text subtitles formats from MPlayer will be
supported, except maybe the google subtitles (not sure they are still in
use though).

And to answer your original question: the point of supporting all the
MPlayer subs is close, so I'd better work on the charset/encoding/codepage
related stuff instead, to be feature equivalent.

--
Clément B.