[FFmpeg-devel] for ffmpeg org

C Chatterjee cchatterj at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 22:32:45 CET 2012

I use Visual Studio all the time to compile, build and use FFMPEG. You need to discard the MSVC compiler and instead use Intel C Compiler and setup the C99 compile mode. Need to make some minor changes such as use the pthread simulation library (open source) and get the unistd.h, stdint.h amd inttypes.h and it all works. Also need to ifdef strings.h ... All third party libraries do not work but libx264, libfaac, ... does.

If FFMPEG community is interested these changes can be made part of the _MSC_VER compile flag and make it part of future releases.

Comments??

Chanchal