[FFmpeg-devel] configure does not detect correct version of zlib

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Feb 9 20:04:28 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 09:52:23AM +0000, robert hawkin wrote:

> hi.
> I have succesfully compiled ffmpeg-0.10 on a very old machine (kids bedroom for converting videos)
> initially compilation failed whilst linking  flashsv.o which needs deflateBound. the machine had zlib 1.1.1, and deflateBound was introduced in zlib 1.2.0
>  updating zlib to 1.2.3 (which I had on the machine somewhere) sorted it.
> it's a bit picky, but "configure" is supposed to know these things.

true, its a bug.

please send us a patch that fixes configure, you are probably the only
who can test it easily anyway.

Also i strongly recommand that you upgrade zlib, there where some
exploitable bugs in it in the last few years ...

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato