[FFmpeg-devel] Develop Reader for National Instruments: TDMS format

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri Feb 10 19:08:50 CET 2012

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 15:23:09 -0600, George wrote:
>I'm only a small guy, but willing to pay something for this.  TDMS format documentation is Attached.

interesting.

>http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5696 <http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5696>

thanks for the link.

can you also share some samples of the tdms files with us?

i cant say that it will ever get done, but having samples and
documentation are the first two steps.

many of the ffmpeg developers/contributors spend their free time reverse
engineering and/or writing demuxers for rare/old formats. sometimes
they are also used as qualification tasks in the Google Summer of Code
program.

formats are sometimes documented on the multimedia wiki:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx

-compn