[FFmpeg-devel] for ffmpeg org

John Dexter jdxsolutions at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 16:25:12 CET 2012

>> No, that is not really the reason.
>> The reason is that Microsoft no longer supports C, only C++.
>
> Compilation in Visual Studio would be *extremely* useful, not only for me but for many people.

I'd love it to build in VC++ as much as anyone but it sounds like the
changes are quite significant. There's a difference between making
small fixes and having to re-write big parts. Perhaps it was a bad
decision in the first place not to support VC++ but that's irrelevant
now.

Would I be right thinking that changes for a _full_ VC++ buildable
version are significant enough, and potentially controversial enough,
that they should be fork rather than a patch?