[FFmpeg-devel] libstagefright doesnt work on android

Mohamed Naufal naufal11 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 19:21:03 CET 2012

On 21 February 2012 15:13, templogin templog <templogin5421 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   Is anybody using ffmpeg-0.10 by enabling libstagefright. I have
> successfully compiled stagefright for android using
> tools/build_libstagefright. But can anybody suggest how to test it or use
> it.

Hi,

You can test it just like any other codec. When you use
tools/build_libstagefright to build ffmpeg, libstagefright is
configured as the H.264 decoder. If it doesn't work for you, please
send me ffmpeg/logcat outputs. Please keep in mind though that some
devices are shipped with a crippled version of stagefright, thus
breaking the decoder.

Regards
Naufal