[FFmpeg-devel] select interface for multicast messages

Tudor SUCIU tudor.suciu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 10:57:28 CET 2012

some relevant code from vlc src/network/udp.c :

#ifdef WIN32
#   define if_nametoindex( str ) atoi( str )
#else
#   include <unistd.h>
#   ifdef HAVE_NET_IF_H
#       include <net/if.h>
#   endif
#endif

#if defined (WIN32) && !defined (MCAST_JOIN_SOURCE_GROUP)
#  warning Your C headers are out-of-date. Please update.

#ifdef MCAST_JOIN_SOURCE_GROUP
setsockopt (fd, level,
                    src ? MCAST_JOIN_SOURCE_GROUP : MCAST_JOIN_GROUP,
#endif

If I understand well the code, under windows it does not work
completely, the setsockopt ( MCAST_JOIN_GROUP) works with a recent
compiler, but the string --miface=br0.2222 for example does not pass
the  if_nametoindex function. Maybe if the number of the interface is
used --miface=5 it works. I have access to multicast udp only from
linux machines, I cannot immediately help with windows debugging. We
may try to setup a windows machine if it is indispensable for the
inclusion of the patch.