[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] infinite loop

Philippe Saint-Pierre stpere at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:53:48 CET 2012

> The solution looks ok to me - I think we can apply that for the time being.
>
> Once I'm home again I will verify that again.
>
> Philipe, does your file include CRC checksums, are these correct using the
> patch?
> It would also be great if you could upload your file you've spotted this
> bug
> with :)
> Seems like our test suite covers b == b_max cases only...
>
> -Thilo

Hi Thilo,

Actually, I didn't find it with a file, as strange as it seems.  I was
reviewing Coverty reports from our Haiku (haiku-os.org) code base, and
since we imported ffmpeg, it was also scanned, and I noticed this report.
 So this fix is more of an "educated guess" as I didn't notice an actual
failure caused by it, nor corrections caused by my patch.

- Philippe