[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] lavu PTS printing utils

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 16:07:27 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm thinking to implement some convenience utils:

static inline size_t av_get_ts_string(char *buf, size_t buf_size, int64_t ts)
{
    return ts == (AV_NOPTS_VALUE) ? snprintf(buf, buf_size, "NOPTS") :
                                    snprintf(buf, buf_size, "%"PRId64"", ts);
}

static inline size_t av_get_ts_time_string(char *buf, size_t buf_size, int64_t ts, AVRational *tb)
{
    return ts == (AV_NOPTS_VALUE) ? snprintf(buf, buf_size, "NOPTS") :
                                    snprintf(buf, buf_size, "%f", avq2d(tb) * ts;
}

since it seems I need to use them again and again (debugging timestamp
issues in various components).

Do you think this would be a good idea? If yes, where should I put them
(libavutil/printutils.h may be an option)?
--
FFmpeg = Forgiving Free Mastering Philosofic Everlasting Guide