[FFmpeg-devel] Disable deblocking filter in H.264

Loïc lll+ffmpeg at m4x.org
Thu Jan 26 15:32:05 CET 2012

Hi,

To enable slice level threading on decoding, I'm trying to create
H.264 video streams without deblocking or with deblock type 2.
As I can't find a way to force deblocking type 2 in H.264 encoding
using libx264, I'm trying to use the second solution using "-flags
-loop" to disable deblocking filter, as explained in this page
http://sites.google.com/site/linuxencoding/x264-ffmpeg-mapping, but it
seems that it isn't working.
The following commands are producing similar results:
ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -vcodec libx264 -b:v 10000000 -y -slices 4 -flags -loop out.mp4
ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -vcodec libx264 -b:v 10000000 -y -slices 4 out.mp4

In both cases, decoding the file with the following command:
ffmpeg -benchmark -thread_type slice -i out.mp4 -f null /dev/null
is outputing the same error message: "[h264 @ 0x15b3d00] Cannot
parallelize deblocking type 1, decoding such frames in sequential
order"

So it seems that the -flag -loop option isn't working.

Could you confirm this? Is there an other way to disable the
deblocking filter or to force type 2 in H.264 ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards
--
Loïc