[FFmpeg-devel] Leftovers

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Jan 28 14:04:08 CET 2012

Hello,
I noticed that avformat.h seems to still contain av_new_stream and
several documentation references to it, but its implementation
was removed from utils.c.
Which one is it supposed to be?
(Note that I have a dislike for avformat_new_stream, by forcing
users to manually set the "id" it makes things really inconvenient,
as very well demonstrated in one of the patches introducing it where
that was forgotten. I find it a bit silly to expect our users to
use an API that even we manage to use wrongly for no apparent good reason).

Reimar