[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] glob matching for image series

Brian Olson icic at bolson.org
Mon Jan 30 01:07:25 CET 2012

On Jan 29, 2012, at 4:35 PM, Alexander Strasser wrote:

>> On the whole, it looks quite good. Does anyone object to this?
>
>  I had the idea that another solution would be making -i accept
> multiple arguments and leave the globbing work to the user's shell.
> But that would have a load of problems of its own I think.
>
>  Anyway currently I tend to think that the glob() solution is also
> quite OK.

glob-ing in shell could pretty easily hit OS size limits on what can be passed through argv. A few thousand frames could do it. I think the %d approach and the glob-in-ffmpeg approach put the work in the most efficient context.

Nicolas, I'll work up a less-change diff without whitespace changes. In the places where I've worked if the functional change didn't have the final formatting there would never be a change to go back and clean it up.

Brian Olson
http://bolson.org/