[FFmpeg-devel] Output to text file from filter

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Tue Jul 10 18:48:53 CEST 2012

Le tridi 23 messidor, an CCXX, Clément Bœsch a écrit :
> Did you look at how the scene cut is made in the select filter?
> http://ffmpeg.org/libavfilter.html#select

Since you speak of it, I must say I am really not fond of that approach.

Of course, having the feature right now is better than waiting forever for
the perfect design, so you were quite right to just go ahead, and it was
probably the most useful way of doing it. But now that we have time, we
should be looking for generic solutions to that issue.

My main concern is that the scene change test can be useful for other things
than just selecting the frame: segmenting, updating on-screen text,
inserting another program, etc.

A solution that just came to my mind: let the filters attach arbitrary
key=value pairs to the frames. And, of course, let the select expressions
use any of these variables.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George