[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] lavfi audio buffers and channel layout

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Jul 30 19:10:26 CEST 2012

http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob;f=ffmpeg.c;h=c2ea5bd894db735c847dc44e535447cfe355d382;hb=HEAD#l2369

> We could follow this path: we open the decoder context in movie, in
> case the channel layout is not set we try to auto-select it based on
> the number of channels, warn and re-open the decoder.

I do not think it needs to be so complicated: if the decoder did set the
channels but not the channel layout, then it does not care about the later.

> It would be also useful to let the user set the channel layout
> explicitely, but this requires support to generic options in movie,
> which is not yet implemented.

True and true. But that can wait.

Regards,

--