[FFmpeg-devel] Regression (or feature) in .mov creation

Tim Nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 09:23:35 CEST 2012

On 07/06/12 18:26, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 04:20:38PM +0100, Tim Nicholson wrote:
>> 4778783 introduced a new "feature", in that .mov files created with this
>> commit, when inspected with ffprobe, report the SAR and DAR twice, but
>> with different values.
>>
>> [..]
>
> where can i find the source file to reproduce this ?
>
> [...]

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-861158bc.html

I notice that the original file reports similar double values, so it
would appear that this is metadata from the original mov that is now
being passed through transparently.

This is probably a good thing, but it is not clear from the merged
commit in which this feature appeared that this should now be happening...

However having the figures twice with no explanation could be a tad
confusing for users.

On another point I notice that the creation time is also being passed
through from the original file so it is *not* the creation time of the
created file, but of the source file. I submit that this should not be
the case. I am trying to track that down now..

--
Tim