[FFmpeg-devel] AVCodec.supported_samplerates mostly null

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Jun 8 14:43:11 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 06:10:59AM -0400, Don Moir wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Eugen Hoyos"
> <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

many codecs support any samplerate supported by the container, some
have a maximum they allow, some have a small set of discrete allowed
rates.

patches to improve the supported sample rate information in encoders
are welcome

Rewriting code that is poorly written but fully understood is good.
Rewriting code that one doesnt understand is a sign that one is less smart
then the original author, trying to rewrite it will not make it better.