[FFmpeg-devel] Regression (or feature) in .mov creation

Tim Nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 14:15:54 CEST 2012

On 08/06/12 08:23, Tim Nicholson wrote:
> On 07/06/12 18:26, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 04:20:38PM +0100, Tim Nicholson wrote:
>>> 4778783 introduced a new "feature", in that .mov files created with this
>>> commit, when inspected with ffprobe, report the SAR and DAR twice, but
>>> with different values.

This now seems to have been fixed in current master (66531c75d),
although as a consequence the correct display dimensions are also no
longer carried through....

>>> [..]
>>
>> where can i find the source file to reproduce this ?
>>
>> [...]
>>

> http://www.datafilehost.com/download-861158bc.html

Also uploaded as part of trac #1439

> [....]
>
> On another point I notice that the creation time is also being passed
> through from the original file so it is *not* the creation time of the
> created file, but of the source file. I submit that this should not be
> the case. I am trying to track that down now..

Having gone back over a year I have still not found a version where the
creation time is correctly inserted on .mov creation. FFprobe only ever
reports this metadata when the original file was also a mov that
contained that information, so its seems to be being blindly passed on
if it exists.

I have created ticket #1439

--
Tim