[FFmpeg-devel] MVC Extension for ffmpeg

Jochen Britz gomajobri at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 18 22:04:25 CEST 2012

Hello ffmpeg developer,
I'm a Student at the Saarland university in germany.
I'm implementing the parts of h264-mvc extension into the existing ffmpeg source as part of my master thesis.
I have a question about the output of the decode_frame method.
In the h264.c file the output is written in to the struct AVCodecContext.

Im not sure if I should create a new struct MVCCodecContext to handle the multiple views or just extend the existing one.

Hope some of you can help me with this issue.
Since I don't know how applications access the output, it would be great to get tips how to do this best.

best
Jochen Britz