[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH 1/4] network.h: Fix copyright violation and author misattribution
michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Jun 29 20:28:41 CEST 2012
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 06:10:16PM +0000, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 6/29/12, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > The problem was introduced by:
> > commit 2912e87a6c9264d556734e2bf94a99c64cf9b102
> > Author: Mans Rullgard <mans at mansr.com>
> > Date: Fri Mar 18 17:35:10 2011 +0000
> > Replace FFmpeg with Libav in licence headers
> > Signed-off-by: Mans Rullgard <mans at mansr.com>
> That commit did not introduced Libav.
> Correct commit is f6d371009678e46877e6f81ab0eae475d41b1f57:
> avformat: Split out functions from network.h to a new file, network.c
hmm, its both commits
the first modified the Copyright of network.h
the second splited code and wrong copyright into network.c
I will correct the commit message accordingly
Author: Mans Rullgard <mans at mansr.com>
Date: Fri Mar 18 17:35:10 2011 +0000
Replace FFmpeg with Libav in licence headers
Signed-off-by: Mans Rullgard <mans at mansr.com>
diff --git a/libavformat/network.h b/libavformat/network.h
index 58a8e80..27bebb3 100644
@@ -1,20 +1,20 @@
- * Copyright (c) 2007 The FFmpeg Project
+ * Copyright (c) 2007 The Libav Project
- * This file is part of FFmpeg.
+ * This file is part of Libav.
- * FFmpeg is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
+ * Libav is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
* License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
* version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- * FFmpeg is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
+ * Libav is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
* Lesser General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
- * License along with FFmpeg; if not, write to the Free Software
+ * License along with Libav; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
> > Signed-off-by: Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> > ---
> > libavformat/network.c | 2 +-
> > 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
> > diff --git a/libavformat/network.c b/libavformat/network.c
> > index 6b4cb57..d434799 100644
> > --- a/libavformat/network.c
> > +++ b/libavformat/network.c
> > @@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
> > /*
> > - * Copyright (c) 2007 The Libav Project
> > + * Copyright (c) 2007 The FFmpeg Project
> > *
> > * This file is part of Libav.
> Please change every "Libav" with "FFmpeg".
Michael GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the ffmpeg-devel