[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Submit a Logo Wiki Page

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Sat Jun 30 00:42:19 CEST 2012

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:25:48 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:28:18AM -0800, Lou Logan wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:16:00 +0200
> > Stefano Sabatini <stefasab at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On date Saturday 2012-06-23 23:43:45 +0200, Alexander Strasser encoded:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Yes my main concern is having tickets with generic names
> > > (e.g. "summertime logo") which give no indication about when the
> > > ticket can be considered "closed", and I tend to be pretty "puristic"
> > > (pedantic?) when terminology is abused and leads to confusion.
> >
> > I'd close the currently open art tickets (and update the titles to
> > something less generic), but I hesitate to do so without an additional
> > "close as" option that's more appropriate for completed art other than
> > fixed, worksforme, invalid, won't fix, duplicate, need more info.
>
> if people want more "closed" states, i just need to know what the
> new state should be called

How about "completed art" and/or "archived art"? In #ffmpeg-devel,
Stefano suggested "archived art" for unfinished/abandoned submissions,
and "completed art" for finished art, but I'd prefer one closed art
state for no reason other than keeping the number of closed states from
growing too much. If two closed art states are ok with others then I'd
be fine with that. I'd also be fine with using "archived art" for both
states if that makes sense.