[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC 2012

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Mar 11 19:54:23 CET 2012

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:

> We have a GSOC page on the multimedia wiki:
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_of_Code_2012

While I absolutely understand the need for decoders for (a) outdated
and (b) "attempted" formats, here are three important tasks that only
need a mentor, but would be (the first two) very much appreciated by
users:

AAC decoding:
Add support for LD, finish BSOC task from GSoC 2011
Qualification task could be to fix one crashing sample from the BSOC
testing suite.

VC1 decoding:
Add support for interlaced samples.

glplay:
Add glplay application, a player similar to ffplay that uses OpenGL,
you can use (and relicense) MPlayer's -vo gl code
(I believe Reimar could mentor this one if he has no other project)

And I thought we have a mentor for ALS, is that wrong?

Carl Eugen