[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC 2012

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Mar 11 20:05:44 CET 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 08:01:45PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le duodi 22 ventôse, an CCXX, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> > I am not convinced it should be a separate application, rather
> > an extension of ffplay.
>
> What about making ffplay use libavdevice's output modules?

I suspect that will end up too much work to get it to work
fast etc.
As far as I can tell libavdevice does not have any video
output module at all.
I am fine with suggesting to extend libavdevice with OpenGL
output instead, but I'd want someone with libavdevice experience
to co-mentor then.
But both seems too much, and libavdevice support without
any (useful/common?) video output device supported in
libavdevice doesn't make sense.