[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC 2012

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 20:13:17 CET 2012

On date Sunday 2012-03-11 20:05:44 +0100, Reimar Döffinger encoded:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 08:01:45PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> > Le duodi 22 ventôse, an CCXX, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> > > I am not convinced it should be a separate application, rather
> > > an extension of ffplay.
> >
> > What about making ffplay use libavdevice's output modules?
>
> I suspect that will end up too much work to get it to work
> fast etc.

> As far as I can tell libavdevice does not have any video
> output module at all.

sdl

I wanted to add support to more widget toolkits (GTK, Enlightenment,
Qt), but never managed to get there (at least in the case of GTK the
API seems too convoluted for rendering video in a window, most GTK
applications rely on gstreamer for that).

--
FFmpeg = Foolish & Fundamental Mean Proud Earthshaking Gem