[FFmpeg-devel] GPU Hardware Acceleration [was Re: openCL support]

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Mar 14 22:27:09 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 03:23:39AM +0100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe it would help if I rephrased the question.
>
> "Are there any parts of FFMPEG that would benefit from Hardware
> Acceleration that do not already have development in process?"

libavfilter, high quality deinterlace, noise reduce, temporal
interpolation, postprocess (spp in the highest quality setting comes
to mind as something thats relatively simple, very computationally
intensive and highly parallizeable)

also as a toy project the mandelbrot source but thats less easy i
suspect.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your
right to say it. -- Voltaire