[FFmpeg-devel] Non-zero starts in MOV

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Mar 23 03:07:30 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:06:41AM -0600, Deron wrote:
> I posted a bug a few weeks ago
> (https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1033) and I'd like to take a
> crack and fixing it. Basically, the audio start right away, but
> black frames are generated for $start offset.
>
> To avoid needless hunting in a haystack, could someone tell me what
> parts would be involved or any other bits of wisdom that might help
> in my hunt. I'm just starting to get a feel for bits of the code.

my guess would be that its an issue with the mov demuxer
(libavformat/mov.c)
something with wrong timestamps or maybe edit lists

but thats a guess without having looked at the specific issue.

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras