[FFmpeg-devel] GPU Hardware Acceleration [was Re: openCL support]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Mar 24 01:09:07 CET 2012

On Thu, March 15, 2012 12:23 am, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>> > libavfilter, high quality deinterlace, noise reduce, temporal
>> > interpolation, postprocess (spp in the highest quality setting comes
>> > to mind as something thats relatively simple, very computationally
>> > intensive and highly parallizeable)
>> >

>> Thanks Michael for your valuable feedback.
>>
>> Of these items can we prioritise them for development? They are all
>> useful
>> but which would have the most benefit?
>
> maybe spp as its too slow in its highest quality setting

Note that AMD released open source code for its Fusion (Trinity) drivers
this week.

Can we identify any specific locations in the spp codebase that would be a
good place to start or what exactly we would need from the vendor side to
get that code migrated?

> also other open source filters should be investigated to see if
> theres something that could be ported to libavfilter that then
> could be a great candidate for hw accel

Does anyone have any suggestions for filters that would make the cut?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd