[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] logos

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Mar 24 03:13:27 CET 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 12:19:55AM +0100, Thilo Borgmann wrote:

> > Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >> We have a spring logo at:
> >> http://www.google-melange.com/gci/task/view/google/gci2011/7204204
> >> should we put it up? if yes from when to when ?
> >
> >   IMHO at least the winter logo should be put down soon. I didn't
> > yet look at all these spring versions.
>
> I kind of dislike the font in these spring versions but that's hardly an
> objection if anyone wants them in.
>

> >> also thilo brought up a great idea ... a logo maintainer.
> >> Any volunteers?
>
> I assume we have some scripting capabilities on the webserver? PHP eventually
> that should keep our page in plain HTML?
> Should be easy to define a date depending logo-loader with such things.
> I can try to script one with my almost nonexisting talents in that area if
> nobody else feels challenged by that.

its easy to switch logos with a cronjob, no scripting needed for that
and might be a tiny bit faster. I mean just a cronjob puting a new
logo in the same place or updating a symlink not changing any html.
would pretty much just be a cp logoX.png current_logo.png

> "Maintenance" included, Michael has enough things to do of much more importance.

indeed

If a bugfix only changes things apparently unrelated to the bug with no
further explanation, that is a good sign that the bugfix is wrong.