[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] logos

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Mar 24 14:54:18 CET 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 11:52:30AM +0100, Thilo Borgmann wrote:

> >> I kind of dislike the font in these spring versions but that's hardly an
> >> objection if anyone wants them in.

> >> I assume we have some scripting capabilities on the webserver? PHP eventually
> >> that should keep our page in plain HTML?
> >> Should be easy to define a date depending logo-loader with such things.
> >> I can try to script one with my almost nonexisting talents in that area if
> >> nobody else feels challenged by that.
> >
> > its easy to switch logos with a cronjob, no scripting needed for that
> > and might be a tiny bit faster. I mean just a cronjob puting a new
> > logo in the same place or updating a symlink not changing any html.
> > would pretty much just be a cp logoX.png current_logo.png
>
> Besides you're correct with that's easier for now, two remarks.
>
> A cronjob is independent from the website. If we move the side to another/to an
> upgraded server, one might miss to move the cronjob as well.

indeed

> Also the server admin has to change a cronjob for us instead any dev can change
> it via the git repo.

anyone with an account on the server could run a cronjob. Its no big
issue to give the logo maintainer an account

about php, i dont think we have php installed unless its included with
apache by default.

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras