[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] logos

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 29 21:36:07 CEST 2012

Thilo Borgmann wrote:

> >> For my eyes a plain white banner background should be least distractive with
> >> most logos to come. Otherwise I'm fine with it.
> >
> >   I found the green a bit more fresh for the spring look and the colorful
> > banner. Did you have a look at both? My suggestion and your proposal of a
> > white background? I looked at all before making my choice of proposal (the
> > third is the current version) and found the green background most pleasing
> > in combination with the spring logo, followed by the white background as
> > version you suggested.
>
> Honestly I didn't. But that's not my concern, you're most likely correct that it
> might be looking better for now with the color you've chosen. I don't object
> that and I don't mind if we do that for the spring logo.
>
> My concern was about a common ground for artists willing to give us some logos.
> A plain white does not limit them like other colors could do. For the case white
> would not be a good background for the logo created, one might fade in in
> logo-space to a dark/colored background.
>
> One might argue that the colored background belongs to the corresponding logo
> but that third color is in my eyes also a visual break in our homepage design -
> whatever it is other than the white or the green we're using for the rest of the
> content.

  Here is a patch that switches the banner background to white without
border lines. I don't insist on anything. But I agree with you that
a neutral color will give more freedom to upcoming artists without the
need to change the homepage CSS.

  Also IMHO the white background looks better with the spring logo than
the current blue-ish one.

[...]

  Alexander