[FFmpeg-devel] Handling of mono data in WMA lossless

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed May 2 10:12:28 CEST 2012

Mashiat Sarker Shakkhar <mashiat.sarker <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It's unfortunate that we are duplicating work. At libav-devel, we
> already have a patch for this -
> http://patches.libav.org/patch/21031/
>
> I can't pursue any party to not duplicate work.

I may be missing something, but afaict, FFmpeg developers are very
strongly trying to avoid duplicating any work and atm, I do not
remember an example for work being duplicated in FFmpeg.

I also believe (and gmane may of course be wrong) that this fix is
not a counter-example: Jakub posted his original patch Sunday
evening, Kostya's patch was sent Tuesday evening.

But if you could point us to duplicated work, I believe that
would be very welcome since resources are unfortunately limited.

Carl Eugen