[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libvorbis decoder wraper

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Sat May 5 12:21:37 CEST 2012

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 10:57:25AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> This puts the libvorbis wraper back (updated to todays API)
> I needed this for the ogg/vorbis timestmp/seeking fixes. Not sure if it
> should be applied or left for reference in the ML / a branch
>
> comments welcome

What was the reason of dropping it in the first place? Even if the
internal decoder is better, I think it makes sense for a lot of people
(users and dev) to be able to do some comparison in the implementations in
order to track bugs, or compare performances and efficiency. It can also
be used as for demonstration purpose on how to use the API (FFmpeg one,
and the library one).

As long as it's not the default, I'm wondering what could go wrong. Is
that such a maintaining burden? (It doesn't look like much code to me, but
I admit the code I'm "maintaining" in the codebase is pretty small).

Maybe there are some other issues I'm not aware of?

--
Clément B.