[FFmpeg-devel] superfluous log messages

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Fri May 11 05:16:51 CEST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Moir" <donmoir at comcast.net>
To: "FFmpeg development discussions and patches" <ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:11 AM
Subject: [FFmpeg-devel] superfluous log messages

>> For some files, numerous log messages are output. These are sometimes
>> useful during development but pretty much useless otherwise.
>>
>> I go ahead and set my own log callback via av_log_set_callback that does
>> nothing so as to prevent further processing.
>>
>> Does anyone think it would be useful to call av_log_set_callback (NULL) ?
>>
>> av_log would just check for a NULL av_log_callback and do nothing if
>> NULL.
>>
>> av_vlog would probably need to check for NULL as well.
>>

> good idea, ill push a change along these lines in a moment

Probably would be good to put the test in av_log as well. This way the logic
in av_log is turned off such as va_start etc and no additional function
call. Mostly av_log is called which calls av_vlog.

No need to call av_vlog either from av_log and just call av_log_callback
from av_log if it gets that far.