[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg summer logo

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun May 13 02:23:09 CEST 2012

Hi Thilo,

Thilo Borgmann wrote:
> Am 11.05.12 22:18, schrieb Alexander Strasser:
[snipped thoughts about the logo]

> All good thoughts IMHO. However, "Jagannath" is (still?) not registered with our
> mailing list and thus he won't get to read your suggestions. I will forward this
> to him.

  Oh, I didn't notice. Thank you very much for forwarding the comments!

> Anyway, I thought about giving a template logo/banner for download artists can
> base their work on and will end up with some standardized zigzack-text size
> relation, alignment and so on. I already wrote a mail to Herve Flores but didn't
> get a reply by now.

  That would be good. It would probably also be nice if we could get a more neutral
rendered version of the zigzag (no blue-ish illumination and big resolution) and/or
even the model so it could even be re-rendered to new needs.

  Also IMHO the zigzag and the FFmpeg text are good assets to provide for the
artists it should be explained that it is totally OK to replace the zigzag or
the text with your own version if it doesn't overall hurt recognizability to much.

> We should put these design notes and a template on a page of the website. Maybe
> with a collection of the logos/banners already used. Would be nice if someone
> volunteers to create such a page - I'm short of time at the moment.

  Unfortunately I am too very short on time these days. Though I will consider
helping out if I find the time.

  Alexander