[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg summer logo v.2.0

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun May 13 18:02:51 CEST 2012

Hi,

compn wrote:
> On Sun, 13 May 2012 13:59:50 +0530, Jagannath Srs wrote:
> >How about this? i have made it even more detailed to make it look like a
> >banner rather than a logo and i modified it as instructed by Alexander.
> >Hope you like this, any more improvements are welcome!
> >

> haha its nice and interesting.
>
> might i suggest one big sweatdrop instead of tiny ones , done in anime
> style on the zigzag.
>
> i didnt even get that it was an ffmpeg cactus! are you going to
> color it green or does that make it harder to read?

  I do like the improvements you did to the new version.

  I also strongly support the 2 suggestions from Compn above.

  Thank you for incorporating the suggestions. I believe the new
version is a big improvement.

  Regarding the reflection, good Idea! It might work out a bit
better if you remove the hard outline under the E that represents
the edge of the ground. If you like you could also try to sparingly
add small horizontally directed distortions to make it look like
the reflection is in the water. Don't know how that would turn out,
just came to my mind while looking at your work. So please use your
own judgement.

  BTW I like those fluffy clouds you added :)

  Alexander

PS.
  You have a competitor Herve: submitted a summer logo here too.
Not sure if you are subscribed on FFmpeg-devel ML so I put you
in CC.