[FFmpeg-devel] Linker errors when trying to enable stagefright support

Mohamed Naufal naufal11 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 21:22:50 CEST 2012

Hi Vita,

On 4 May 2012 01:25, Vita <vitezslav.kot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use stagefright for HW accelerated decoding in my Android movie player
> based on FFmpeg - version 0.10.2 "Freedom". I have successfully built all the
> libraries using the build script in tools directory. However, I have many linker
> errors related to stagefright e.g.:
>
> undefined reference to `android::OMXClient::disconnect()'
> undefined reference to `android::MediaBuffer::MediaBuffer(unsigned int)'
>
> I thought the binaries built with stagefright support are self-contained and do
> not need any other stuff to link with. Am I doing something wrong? Should I add
> libstagefright.so to my project? I think it would cause many troubles with
> compatibility...

As I'd mentioned in the reply to your DM, you have to link against
libstagefright.so, libbinder.so, libmedia.so and libutils.so in the
android-libs folder created during build or from /system/lib in your
device/emulator.

> Is it compatible with API 8 or only API 9 and above?

Builds for API levels 8-10 (froyo-gingerbread) should be mutually
compatible. Haven't tested with honeycomb, but you'll have to build
separately for ICS.

Regards,
Naufal