[FFmpeg-devel] yesterdays libavfilter merge

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon May 14 22:07:42 CEST 2012

Hi Andrey

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 04:34:32PM +0300, Andrey Utkin wrote:
> 2012/5/10 Nicolas George <nicolas.george at normalesup.org>:
> > regressions", I believe both project are more or less at par bugwise, but
> > there is no doubt that libav is lagging far away when it comes to new
> > features.
>
> In maillists ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org, libav-devel at libav.org nearly
> 100% of topics are patches (and i believe there are patches of all
> levels of importance in both MLs). Monitoring both lists, i figured
> out that there is stable trend: libav-devel has twice more topics
> starting at any time interval, comparing to ffmpeg-devel. So i can't
> easily agree that libav.org is loosing the battle on features. I have
> plainly opposite opinion.
> The only major flaw in libav.org for me is lack of support of audio
> filters (and this seem being solving these days). That's why i stick
> with ffmpeg.org these days in my apps..

if you ever find any feature, bugfix, optimization, usability or
documentation improvment in any fork of ffmpeg, libav or other
that is missing in ffmpeg.
Please contact me personally, i will make sure that it gets
integrated into ffmpeg.

Similarly if you see any other problem with ffmpeg, no matter if
technical, organisatorial or otherwise, please raise it on the
public mailing list so we can discuss and correct it.

Thanks

Observe your enemies, for they first find out your faults. -- Antisthenes