[FFmpeg-devel] FFV1.3

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed May 16 21:01:46 CEST 2012

On 05/16/2012 08:43 PM, Michael Bradshaw wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Peter B. <pb at das-werkstatt.com> wrote:
>> Maybe a stupid question, but what is the right commandline call for
>> selecting the FFv1 version to use for encoding?
> ffmpeg -i input.mov -vcodec ffv1 -acodec copy output.mp4
> ?
>
> Or do you mean something else?
Yes, I'd like to validate/test FFv1's new versions 2 and 3. When v2 had
been developed, I had to modify a variable in the source to enable it,
but I've seen a commit-msg by Michael [1], which sounded to me like
selecting the version was now possible as parameter?

> FYI, this mailing list is primarily for the development of ffmpeg
> itself. For help using ffmpeg, ffmpeg-user mailing list is probably
> better.

I know, I'm sorry - I just thought that it might make sense to connect
it to the "FFv1.3" thread...

Pb