[FFmpeg-devel] Logo/Banner rules (try #1)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri May 18 13:35:06 CEST 2012

Hi everyone

As there are several artists who work on logos/banners for ffmpeg.
I think we need some rules/framework to handle this. And given the
absence of a anyone else coming forth to do it. It seems i have to do
it.

Rules:
0. Logos/banners for seasons (summer, autumn, ...), special events,
   specific days like (valentines day, haloween, christmess, ...)
   are all welcome.
1. Logos/banners must be submitted to our issue tracker
   https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg, type must be set to "art"
2. banners for our webpage should be less than 100kb png files.
   Exceptions can be discussed on the ffmpeg-devel mailing list.
   higher resolution versions that could be used in print or such are
   very welcome!
3. The artist has to provide us with sufficient rights to use the art
   in any form not limited to the webpage,tshirts and print media, to
   refer to our project or tools at no cost to us. The rights though
   should be restricted enough not to allow the art from being used to
   represent other things so as to avoid confusion on what is ffmpeg
   and what is not.
4. Everyone can comment on logos/baners on the mailing list or issue
   tracker. The artist should not take such comments too serious though
   many will be written by programmers who dont have that much sense
   for art.
5. Its possible to vote on logos/banners on the issue tracker
   The ffmpeg developers will use these votes as input in their
   decission which logos/banners to use.
   Because of this per ticket vote possibility, artists may want to
   submit major revisions of their logo as seprate tickets.

Comments welcome!

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable