[FFmpeg-devel] FFV1.3

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed May 23 12:36:21 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 06:51:29PM +0200, Peter B. wrote:
> Oh, and: how can I test the new features of ffv1.3's bitstream, like CRC
> and so?

slice crcs can be enabled/disabled with
-slicecrc 1/0
(and -g 1 is highly recommanded)

you can then try a fuzzer of your choice to damage resulting files
and then try to play them to see how ffv1 handles that

currently it just displays things as is with damage and prints the
crc mismatches
in the future we might try to do better than just showing the known to
be damaged parts as is

also if you use more slices the damage will become more localized

and if you find a case that crashes or something else please send me
the damaged file that causes a crash

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates