[FFmpeg-devel] FFV1.3

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Thu May 24 10:28:48 CEST 2012

Quoting Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 08:23:54PM +0200, Peter B. wrote:
>> Should I upload you the file on my FTP?
>
> If theres significant additional video that isnt played, it surely
> makes sense to look at why it isnt
> if ffplay behaves very different from how it does on the undamaged
> file it might be interrestin too

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can access the file until Tuesday
(long story), but I'll check if the duration of the not-played-part is
sufficient in order to link the file.

I've also tried to use "zzuf" [1] for fuzzing the file, but even with
a small value of "r=0.001", the .avi is so broken that ffplay outputs
about 2-3 CRC errors, but doesn't show a single image.
Using "vbindiff" [2], I've taken a look at how much impact zzuf had on
the file, but I'm still looking for a tool to do a binary-diff and
count number of mismatching bytes. But that's still work in
progress... :)

Greetings and Thanks,
Pb