[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg wiki

Burek Pekaric burek021 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 16:18:32 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've created an example of FFmpeg wiki and copied some material from the
current documentation, written in .texi files (from git). The purpose
why I'm writing this message is to ask if there are people interested in
building up a wiki website for FFmpeg, which would (in my personal
opinion) make it easy for everyone to simply add/edit an article, thus
improving the documentation (just like wikipedia or VLC's wiki). This
way people won't need to learn about git/texinfo, just in order to make
some minor changes to the documentation and it would be more
user-friendly, I guess, which in turn would help FFmpeg get more
up-to-date docs.

So, I've created a starting point and I'd just like to see if anyone is
interested in contributing (adding content from .texi files) or should I
just drop it completely. To be honest, I thought I'd just copy/paste the
html documentation and format it a little bit, but there is really a lot
of documentation that needs to be categorized and organized, so I'm not
sure if I'll be able to do that alone. That's why I need to see if there
is any interest for this thing or should I just forget about it.

The wiki showcase is located here (temporarily): http://ffwiki.gusari.org/
I've started to convert ffmpeg.html docs into a wiki article here:
http://ffwiki.gusari.org/index.php?title=FFmpeg_documentation

Thanks for the feedback (if any).

b.