[FFmpeg-devel] Multi-threaded decoding via C++?

Kevin Kowalewski kowalewski.kevin.bulk at gmail.com
Fri May 25 18:41:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am decoding WMV streams via the C++ API but performance is lack luster.
On a 1.4 Ghz ARM CPU I can only eek out about 15 FPS if a 720p stream. I've
used all the compiler options I can but the performance is still not
enough. I've set the codec thread_count to 4, but it does not seem like
ffmpeg is actually using more than 1 thread as only a single CPU core is
used. I'm not sure if GPU acceleration can happen with FFMpeg under Android
yet.

*    codecCtx->thread_count = thread_count;*

This is called before *avcodec_open(codecCtx, codec).*

Does anyone have some advice? This is from the latest FFMpeg pulled
yesterday.

Thanks,
Kevin