[FFmpeg-devel] abuffersink without opaque

Robert Nagy ronag89 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 23:13:01 CEST 2012

Looking at abuffersink and asink_init i notice that the abuffersink
requires that an opaque is passed.

    if (!opaque) {
        av_log(ctx, AV_LOG_ERROR,
               "No opaque field provided, an AVABufferSinkParams
struct is required\n");
        return AVERROR(EINVAL);
    }

I find this a bit peculiar since the "buffersink" for video just sets
the "common_formats" if no opaque is passed. Also looking at ffmpeg I
notice the following code:

avfilter_graph_create_filter(&ofilter->filter,
                                       avfilter_get_by_name("abuffersink"),
                                       "out", NULL, NULL, fg->graph);

Which as far as I understand shouldn't work, due to the asink_init code above.

Shouldn't we have something like the attached patch?