[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] SOCIS-2012 result summary

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 21:18:21 CET 2012

Hi,

as in the previous year, FFmpeg participated to the SOCIS (Summer Of
Code In Space) project run by ESA [1].

I was involved as administrator and mentor for the task "Libavfilter
misc extensions" (see [2]), helped by Michael Niedermayer which was
acting as backup mentor and administrator.

The coding period lasted from 1 August to 28 October, and we had a
single assigned slot. The qualified student passed the first part of
the project, but we decided not to pass him for the second part. His
pending work can be found in [3].

I take the opportunity to thank ESA for proposing the project in the
first place, all the students who applied for the qualification, and
Michael for his support.

[1] http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/?q=about
[2] http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_In_Space_2012
[3] https://bitbucket.org/tran_c/ffmpeg/changesets