[FFmpeg-devel] donations

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Thu Nov 8 08:51:03 CET 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Peter B. <pb at das-werkstatt.com> wrote:

> On 11/05/2012 04:25 PM, Robert Krüger wrote:
>
>> I will do that. I have contacted the FFIS via email to get an official
>> confirmation of what I have read at other inofficial sources but so far
>> the
>> FFIS has not responded. Maybe I'll try it via telephone.
>>
> Thanks for contacting them!
>

> Any update on this?

Sorry, no. Was tied up in other things but I will try that today.

BTW, this is from the SPI website:

Donations in Europe can be done through our partner in Germany, ffis e.V.
If you are interested in using their bank account (to save international
money transfer costs), please check the instructions for donating to ffis
e.V..

I did not make this up ;-). This is how I got to FFIS after following the
donations link on the ffmpeg site.

> In my case there's currently a pending payment from a company, and it must
> be done before the end of the year. Unfortunately, that company isn't very
> motivated to pay for Free Software, but in that case they theoretically
> have to (long story).
> So if they can't properly put it in the accounting, I'm afraid they might
> try to sneak out of the arrangement, if the payment is too much hassle for
> them :(
> (Sucks, but you know business mentality...)
>
> btw: I don't see FFmpeg listed on the FFIS's page of associated projects
> [1].
> What's the actual status of this - or are there even plans for that?
>
> My understanding is that FFIS is cooperating with SPI by accepting
payments for them (they do other stuff as well but that does not matter in
this context). My interpretation would be that FFIS then does not need to
have any association with ffmpeg because they just forward everything to
SPI but that needs to be confirmed, of course. That's why I contacted them.

Cheers,

Random Person