[FFmpeg-devel] VC-1 Interlaced Hardware decoding

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:27:22 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Jeroen de Kleijn <jeroen.de.kleijn <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> However, while testing with the VC-1 1080i BBC planet earth
>> sources I still see blocking artifacts occasionally. These
>> were already showing before I merged the patches and thus
>> seem unrelated to the B-frame code-path missing. I was
>> wondering if you can test the sample mentioned below with
>> your build using DXVA2 acceleration to see if the artifacts
>> also show up?
>
> The artefacts can also be seen with mplayer -vc ffvc1vdpau and
> correspond to artefacts visible with software (lavc) -decoding
> so I would assume they are not XVBA-usage-related.
>
> Carl Eugen

Except, there are no artifacts with DXVA2 using avcodec, or Microsofts
DMO decoder.
The software avcodec decoder really can't be trusted with interlaced
material as any serious reference.

It appears i previously only answered Jeroen directly instead of
replying to the list, but the sample plays perfectly with DXVA2 in
avcodec on Windows.

- Hendrik