[FFmpeg-devel] c99wrap.exe and c99conv.exe

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 20:46:37 CET 2012

On 21/11/2012 2:34 PM, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> Still, it is tied to the Libav project somehow, so
> nothing actually prevents its developers to add some specific hacks to
> make it work with Libav at some point, which might be incompatible with
> FFmpeg (or any other project using it as a generic tool). And you know
> better than me that the original code *had* these hacks.

Getting rid of these hacks was the whole freaking point of the generic converter!

What it basically boils down to is that you don't trust the ACTUAL AUTHORS OF THE
FUCKING TOOL to not secretly add specific hacks or to have some sort of anti-FFmpeg
agenda. That's just sad.

I think this is yours: http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/files/2009/04/tinfoil-hat.

> Now of course, if Ronald & you tell us it's meant to be used as a generic
> tool, I think we can all live with Libav name in an URL, because that is
> not the issue this thread was about, but about why it is linked to another
> project.

I don't think any of you grasp Github orgs. It's developed by the same people,
and it's nicer to have it under an org than some random person's page. I don't
see how having it on Ronald's page makes ANY difference. It's the same people
who wrote and maintain it.

- Derek