[FFmpeg-devel] Proposed new videofilter xyz2rgb

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:00:46 CEST 2012

On date Sunday 2012-09-30 19:38:20 +0200, Matthias Buercher encoded:
> Dear People of FFmpeg,
>
> I have posted on my website a proof of concept, that you can export and play from a DCP.
>
> http://www.belle-nuit.com/open-source-dcp-player-proof-of-concept
>
> FFmpeg could already read MXF files.
> The missing link was that the JPEG2000 files are in XYZ color space.
> Some people used ImageMagick to convert them, but this is cumbersome.
>
> Therefore I have written an new videofilter xyz2rgb and i have posted the source code also on my webpage
>
> http://www.belle-nuit.com/xyz2rgb-video-filter
>
> It adds a new file
> - vf_xyz2rgb.c
> and modifes allfilters.c and the Makefile
>

> With this filter, the colorspace of the image can be transformed and the DCP can be exported or played (image only).

Colorspace transform really belongs to libswscale, so they will be
automatically supported by the scale filter.

A more quick'n'dirty solution would be to implement a decoder flavor
to support the input colorspace (and convert the decoded input to a
colorspace supported by libswscale).

Implementing colorspace conversion as a filter is really not the right
way to do it.

--
FFmpeg = Fiendish and Furious Merciful Pacific Evil Guru