[FFmpeg-devel] Opus in MOV container

Yusuke Nakamura muken.the.vfrmaniac at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 22:01:48 CEST 2012

I know Xigh has the definitions of how to store their CODECs into some
containers other than Ogg.
And I expect that for Opus likewise.
Is there or does anyone have any plan to define how to store Opus into
those containers as well like this http://wiki.xiph.org/Oggless ?
Like other MDCT-based audio, Opus requires pre-roll for every seeking.
Some (almost all?) major containers don't have pre-roll indication as a its
function while MOV/MP4 has such function, which is roll recovery grouping.
Therefore, I expect publication of how to store Opus into MOV at least.

I asked Michael Niedermayer, then he told me to ask Nicolas and he might be
interested in it.
Any ideas, Nicolas?

Thanks.